Leadership Lecture Series
In its ongoing efforts to produce well-rounded and confident future leaders, GIIS offers the Leadership Lecture Series, which brings in political, cultural, artistic, athletic and scientific leaders from across the globe to discuss real-world problems and solutions with the students at various GIIS campuses. These leaders inspire creativity, passion and action in our students, encouraging them to be responsible citizens, both now and in the future.
Embracing a Wide Range of Leadership Styles
Throughout its history, GIIS has striven to bring in leaders across industries to ignite passion in its students. Students across campuses can benefit through the interconnected teaching model, allowing them to tune in even when a far away campus hosts a Leadership Lecture. Past presenters have included:
- Lee Kuan Yew, 1st Prime Minister of Singapore
- N. R. Narayana Murthy, Co-founder of Infosys
- A. R. Rahman, Grammy and Oscar award-winning composer
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, former President of India
- Dr. Mahesh Sharma, Hon'ble Union Minister of India
- Ela Gandhi, peace activist and granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi
- Gopinath Pillai, Ministry of Foreign Affairs India to Singapore
- Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the Laughter Yoga Club
- Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna, tennis stars
- Sunil Gavaskar, legendary cricket player
- Mallika Sarabhai, activist and renowned Indian Classical artist
- Hrithik Roshan, critically acclaimed Indian actor and Bollywood icon
- Farhan Akhtar, renowned Indian actor, film maker, and playback singer
- Sanath Jayasuriya, former Sri Lankan cricketer
- Vidya Balan, renowned actress and national film award winner
- Javed Akhtar, legendary lyricist & poet; Shabana Azmi, renowned actress & social activist
- Anshu Gupta, social entrepreneur and founder of Goonj
- Devendra Fadnavis, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra
- Aamir Khan, established Indian film actor, director, and producer
This exemplary list of Leadership Lecture Series speakers and guests shows the variety of leaders that GIIS students regularly learn under.
Interactive Format Encourages Active Learning
The Leadership Lecture Series brings in well-known names to GIIS campuses, then connects students in other campuses through telecasting to allow all to benefit. These sessions take on an interactive format, with many of the leaders opening the floor to questions from the students. This active learning methodology allows our students to benefit directly from the knowledge and life experiences of these professionals.
The Leadership Lecture Series is just one example of the many innovative educational formats and options available to GIIS students. Learn more by scheduling a tour of your closest campus today.