Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is a Board of Education for public and private schools under the Union Government of India. The prime focus of the Board is on:
- Innovations in teaching-learning methodologies by devising student-friendly and student-centred paradigms
- Reforms in examinations and evaluation practices
- Skill-based learning by adding job-oriented and job-linked inputs
- Regularly updating the pedagogical skills of the teachers and administrators by conducting in service training programmes, workshops etc.
Assessment for CBSE Classes is based on the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation system.
- Second language: Tamil / French / Hindi
- Third language: Tamil / French / Hindi / Sanskrit (for Classes 6 to 8 only)
- Social Science
- Information Technology (as an additional subject for Classes 9 and 10)
CBSE Class 11 and Class 12
CBSE offers Classes 11 and 12 with total term duration of two years. The course culminates with Class 12 CBSE Board Examinations in the month of March. Students have to appear for examinations in five (5) subjects including one language, i.e. English.
- English Core
- Computer Science / Biology / Business Studies
- English Core
- Business Studies
||1 year for each class
||April to March
||Classes 1 – 12
||GIIS Queenstown Campus, Singapore (Classes 1-12) |
GIIS East Coast Campus, Singapore (Classes 1-10)
GIIS Balestier Campus, Singapore (Classes 1-5)